There are many styles and approaches to therapy. Choosing whom to share your thoughts, feelings, and experiences with is a very personal decision. When a client chooses to work with me, I value the connection we have and that connection serves as the basis for our collaboration.
My method is grounded in empathy and specified to your unique needs, preferences, and situations. My style is compassionate, collaborative strength-based, active and engaging.
You are not a problem to solve. You are influenced by your experiences and social contexts in which you grew up. Often these influences result in the formation of personal strengths that we will identify and explore in session. From this perspective I will listen carefully. We will reflect together on your past and present experience of the world, your desires for the future, and the changes you wish to make.
I may challenge some assumptions and perceptions. I may propose different ways of looking at, thinking about, or managing situations that make you feel upset, challenged or disappointed. It is also likely that we will experience joy and laughter in our time together.
Some concerns you may have where we can focus:
- Feelings of uncertainty
- Over-thinking situations
- Excessive worry
- Pessimistic attitude
- Unrealistic expectations
- Lowered self-esteem
- Unexpressed or excessive anger
- Trouble being assertive
- Lacking motivation
- Feeling burned out and exhausted
- Being too hard on yourself
Here are a few outcomes you may experience through the therapy process:
- Accept change and adjust to life’s transitions
- Develop healthy coping skills to reduce stress
- Help reduce emotional and physical feelings of anxiety
- Learn to tolerate and express feelings in healthy ways
- Improve your ability to relate others
- Develop healthy interpersonal relationships
- Quiet self-criticism and adopt positive view of self