Individual Session (55 minutes): $100
I offer a free 15-minute phone consultation prior to your first appointment.
Accepted Payment Methods: American Express, MasterCard, Visa, Cash, Check, FSA or HSA cards.
Payment for is expected at the end of each session. Even though I am not working directly with your insurance provider, should you choose to seek possible reimbursement from a carrier, I can provide you with the documentation and information you need, and they require, quickly and easily. My goal is to help ensure maximum confidentiality and flexibility.
Some things you should know about insurance & counseling and why I do not work directly with most insurance carriers:
- Billing insurance means that your treatment will be considered “medically necessary.” This requires me to give you a psychiatric diagnosis that will go on your permanent health record. Your records are received and reviewed by several people, and often transmitted through the Internet. This puts your confidentiality at risk. Additionally, involving insurance can compromise our ability to make decisions about our work together. They could decide whether you may have counseling, or limit the number of sessions you are allowed.
Using an HSA (Health Savings Account) or FSA (Flexible Spending Account) is an efficient and convenient way to pay and it allows you to choose a therapist.
- If you would like to work with me and want to seek reimbursement directly from your insurance carrier. I am considered an out-of-network provider. I will provide you with all the paperwork necessary, so that you can file claims with your insurance carrier. The benefit of this out-of-network-provider scenario is that I am not required to supply information to the insurance company about the content of our sessions so your confidentiality is preserved. Your privacy is protected and you get possible reimbursement that will hopefully cover the majority of the cost of your counseling.
Some questions for your insurance company, if you choose this path:
- How do I use my HSA or FSA?
- What are my behavioral health benefits?
- Is there a deductible? How much is it and has it been met?
- How many sessions per calendar year does my plan cover?
- What is the covered amount per therapy session?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
I do work with a few healthcare payers and Employee Assistance Programs
- Magellan Behavioral Health
- VA Choice
Understanding how to best use or not use insurance can be confusing. I am happy to discuss further in our consultation call.