Congratulations on making a great decision to help yourself. You are on your way to feeling better and I am here to support you.
Here is a little bit of information about me.
After almost twenty years of working in technology sales, sales training and management positions for Fortune 500 companies, in Maryland and Florida, I left corporate life to become a licensed mental health counselor.
There are many styles and approaches to therapy. Choosing whom to share your thoughts, feelings, and experiences with is a very personal decision. When a client chooses to work with me, I value the connection we have and that connection serves as the basis for our collaboration.
My method is grounded in empathy and specified to your unique needs, preferences, and situations. My style is compassionate, collaborative, active and engaging. I infuse Positive Psychology into the work I do because when we uncover strengths, we see they are the path to healing.
In a addition to being a counselor, I am a funny, compassionate, positive energy source – A wife, friend, sister, daughter, yogi and parent to my two rescue hounds.
- B.S. Communication and Psychology – Towson University, 1986
- M.A. Mental Health Counseling – Florida Gulf Coast University, 2013
Previous clinical experience:
- The Salvation Army – homeless women and children
- The Salvation Army – adult men and women in recovery
- FGCU Counseling & Psychological Services – students individual and group counseling
- FGCU Counseling Practicum – supervising graduate students in Clinical Mental Health Counseling program
- Compass Counseling Associates, LLC – individual, group and couples counseling in private practice setting.
- Member of American Counseling Association
- Member of and Previous Board Member of Gulfcoast Mental Health Counseling Association, Inc.